Monday, January 5, 2009

Where have you been.

It has been just over a month now since we had a chance to blog. Ever since the baby we have kinda been all over the place. Hopefully, we will be able to catch up over the next few days. Jessica said that I should split up the blogs to not make this one long. So this part is just mentioning what has gone on since the baby up to our trip to Arizona. The first big news is the changing of a name, well, more of an edit. We originally had planned to spell the baby's name as "Alena". After much talk...a lot of talk, we are adding an extra "n" to her name and is now spelled "Alenna". I didn't know this but you can actually make changes to a baby's name during their first year without much trouble. Almost sounds like a limited warranty doesn't it?

Anyway, about a week after Alenna was born, Candy came to help out. I had finals coming up and was working a lot at the time. Jessica and I knew I would not be around much...though as much as I am right now (will explain later). Candy was a very big help and even helped keep Aunna company while mom was able to get some rest. Candy stayed for about two weeks before heading back to Arizona. I finished with finals and was not just focusing on work right before the trip to Arizona. With two days to go before the trip, the company informed the employees that we would be shutting down until after the new year. That was not much of surprise as several of us were expecting that to happen with the slow economy although not so soon. At least all of this made it easier to focus on the trip and getting things ready.

Since we had some extra time before the trip, Jessica decided to take some pictures of Alenna and Aunna in a basket that Candy had painted. I think they turned out pretty good for the most part.

1 comment:

Dickeybirds said...

Awww, thanks for updating... what precious girls! I love that both the girls names now have 2 N's. Alena was one of my favorite girls names... alas, Britton was a boy!

Keep bloggin'! And we'll soon be closer to you all!