Just trying to give a quick update on what has gone on the past couple of weeks.
I'm back in school and already in the second week. I'm going to pick up some programming classes and math and working on getting ahead of it. Should be a little easier as I don't have another job at the moment.
This past weekend, we went to a "Public Appreciation" Event held in our city civic center. A couple of my sisters came with us and their kids and brother-in-law. We thought we would only be there maybe an hour at the most...Yeah, with kids...not gonna happen. There were quite a few booths and little prizes, especially for the kids. Even had those poor guys in the mascot suits. You know, the ones where you are not quite sure how they can even see where are they going. Anyway, it was fun and there were a lot of neat cultural dances we got to see. But the biggest surprise was when Jessica took Aunna to see the lizards and reptiles display at one of the large booth centers. I thought Aunna wouldn't even come close but she surprised us all when the lady took out one of the snakes and asked who would like to pet it. (** NOTE **: These were professional handlers, not like a bunch of kids with no training). Yeah, so Aunna wanted to pet it! Last year she wouldn't pet a small chicken. This was by no means a small snake either, looked kinda like a boa constrictor and was wrapped all around the snake handler. Jessica and Aunna came up and petted the snake and she had a blast. It was kinda funny, Here Jessica, Aunna, my nephew and Brother-in-law are all out petting the snake. Meanwhile, my two sisters and I are sitting away from the exhibit area. I'm thinking we must have had the snake fear put into us. Eventually, Anita (sister) and I finally came around to come and pet the snake .... and Aunna for a second time around as well. It was a lot of fun. In the end, I think we ended up spending three hours at the event.
What a day to forget the camera ay?
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment